Monday, April 12, 2010

esther turns 1

yep.....1 whole year since she was born. how did that happen so fast? can you tell she likes chocolate cake? what a precious girl! she was the only baby of mine that came out ready to go. the nurse that took care of her in the hospital nursery when she was born called her "precocious". it means "exhibiting mature qualities at an unusually early age". she has always been aware seemingly of her surroundings and i think that adjective describes her pretty accurately.
I have c-sections with all of my births & usually i have to wait between 4 - 6 hours after surgery to even hold my baby or to try & even feed my baby. with Esther, they were wheeling me to a room after only 1 1/2 hours (if that) in recovery & the nurse in the nursery was wheeling a screaming Esther out of the nursery & she followed us to my room & let me have Esther. She was hungry! she latched right on & i havent had a problem with her since. she is a blessing & a delight. we all love her so much. anyone who sees that sweet face falls in love! thank you God for such a sweet happy child.
here is a picture of her at roughly 24 hours old.

No comments: