Saturday, October 1, 2011

hair cut day 2

ok so i took esther to get her hair fixed by professionals. it was just not even & i couldnt handle it. so now it will grow out in a fairly even way instead of one side all short & jacked up & the other side well...not.  i tried to talk clay into letting me get her ears pierced but he wont let me. so now we have a very large collection of foofoo hair clips, bows, ribbons...etc......& some sticker jeweled earrings. now the big deal will be getting her to actually wear any of them - even tho she picked them all out.
also i am throwing in a picture of levi because's he's cute & one of me with my new perm.

on a final note i will say this....& this is huge for me to admit...but i realized 1 of the reasons having her brother cut her hair bothers me so much is because it hurt my pride. i was so proud this hadnt happened to me before. i pride myself on paying attention to what my children are getting into. between rachel, elizabeth & myself...we missed this one big time.

also, even tho she is sooooo cute, she looks like a boy. she really does. i could cry everytime i look at her... but maybe because she is happy i will stop tearing up when i look at her. but she still is so precious. i have really had to hammer down on all of the other girls about what they say around her. all 3 of them have said at one point "she looks like a boy." i corrected them. even tho i am sitting here writing it out, i really have tried to let her know how special she is. i have not told her that it looks bad or that she looks like a boy. she has not heard me say it & she wont. she is still my beautiful, wild esther & i think she is beautiful. i'm just glad hair grows back.
when the lady cut her hair, esther sat so patiently & allowed her hair to be cut. i was amazed.
also another humbling experience about the whole thing is when esther was getting her hair fixed, the stylist sitting next to us didnt have a client so she started to talk to us. she started telling esther how cute she looked & that esther reminded her of her 3 year old niece, who had the exact same hair cut - length & all. why? i asked? well the 3 year old niece just got over having leukemia. yep, i think i will take asher cutting esther's hair in stride & move on. thank you God that my children are healthy & whole.
also esther told us this afternoon she wanted us to call her "adlai", which is her middle name, but really? who is this kid? i'm still in shock at how different she looks & the cut seems to have changed her personality - taken the wild out of her. say it ain't so!!

ok as for me, i got a new perm because my hair was just lifeless & i fixed the color. no more red/pink streaks for the time being. back to auburn/brown for me. and it's growing & when they trimmed it there werent any dead ends. that is huge for me.
also there is a picture of readen our cocker. she is a beautiful dog. she was letting esther hold her down. and flash is in there also. i would swear he poses for the camera. the dogs are not allowed on the new carpet except for there on the stairs. i've never seen them use the bathroom on the stairs - they just sleep there so i think that carpet is safe.

also, i realize i will need to be more careful with esther's clothing choices. her outfit today didnt help her any not look like a boy. but she loves her some elmo & that jacket was a score at the thrift store. i'm not sure how i can keep her out of it. and in a day or two i'm sure i will take on the attitude of "i dare anyone to say she looks like a boy" worse than i have already.

and as you can see from my picture i have put on some weight. i am starting weight watchers on monday. i am hoping it will go quickly if i am diligent. i need to lose the weight so i can get pregnant again! (ha!ha!ha!)







1 comment:

Jenny said...

Uh, she does look a bit more boyish than I'm accustomed too. Having more kids means less "it hasn't happened to me stories!" Your hair looks great!