Saturday, August 13, 2011

the grammar police

i am ridiculously hard on my children about their grammar. when i was taking classes online i was ridiculously obsessive about the ridiculously bad grammar that the newly graduated from high school students used in their papers and post.

but what i am realizing more & more is that...i am such a huge hypocrite (not just with grammar i can sadly assure you.)

i just re-read my last post. i do that every so often to edit. too bad i dont edit before i post. i also will go back to way older post to try to remember how i was feeling at a certain moment. we dont remember days, we remember moments in our lives right?

but i am very bad about using the singular "was" when i should be using the plural "were". it drives me batty!!! so please forgive this Mama's bad grammar usuage. i mean, come on...i do have an excuse...it's only 1:26AM. but no excuse...bad grammar is ....well BAD!!!


Where I am:

Psalm 116:1-9
"I love the LORD, because He hears
My voice and my supplications.
Because He has inclined His ear to me,
Therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live.
The cords of death encompassed me
And the terrors of Sheol came upon me;
I found distress and sorrow.
Then I called upon the name of the LORD:
"O LORD, I beseech You, save my life!”
Gracious is the LORD, and righteous;
Yes, our God is compassionate.
The LORD preserves the simple;
I was brought low, and He saved me.
Return to your rest, O my soul,
For the LORD has dealt bountifully with you.
For You have rescued my soul from death,
My eyes from tears,
My feet from stumbling.
I shall walk before the LORD
In the land of the living."


1 John 1:9

"If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us."






No comments: